Sunday, November 16, 2014

"Sunrise"

Hello guys! Last August, reviewing Our Last Night's EP "Oak Island", I mentioned that I wanted to write a post about a song that comes from it called "Sunrise". Today, I was listening to the EP while finishing my homework and decided that today's post would be about that song.
The song was written by Trevor Wentworth (singer and sreamer) and Matt Wentworth (guitarist and singer). They watched a documentary called "Bully" with their family, and that documentary inspired a lot of the lyrics of the song, as they said at the end of the video. 
For me, it was the first song I ever listened by this band, and the song that got me into them. Basically the song was on YouTube's suggestions box and I just clicked in the video and watched it. 
First of all, after I heard them say that the documentary "Bully" had inspired them to write the lyrics, I decided to watch the documentary. I'm not going to lie, I cried, and a lot. The documentary has got a lot of parts that are completely heartbreaking. You can search it and watch it if you want to. I think it's a really good choice to watch it, especially if you don't know how much bullying can affect people. 
Second, now talking about the song itself. I think that the song has a lot of power, positive power, but it definitely depends of the person who listens to it. In the bridges, they are describing what life itself is like to some kids, to some teenagers who suffer from bullying and who are affected by words said by others. And, in the chorus, there's a really clear hope message by Our Last Night to those kids, teenagers.
I've never been bullied, or at least I don't consider that what people have done to me can be considered as bullying, but there's a lot of people who have told me things that I've never forgotten and I'll never forget and that have really affected me negatively and have hurt me. And, when I listen to this song, it gives me hope. This song, whenever I'm feeling down, for any reason, it makes me feel way better. I don't know how to describe it, but it's so amazing the power this song has. 
I guess I only have a few things more to say. If you think that words cannot affect other people, you're really wrong. You shoud watch what you say, because you'll never know who's hurting, who's fighting to stay alive. I know I'm very annoying with this, but bullying isn't stopping, and it totally has to stop. It kills people, guys, we have to stop this. 
And, if you're hurting, if people are letting you down, just remember that this world is a better place with you in it, and that people trying to put you down aren't better than you. You're not alone, I'm always here to listen and to support you all. I totally mean that, so message me anywhere and I'll try my best to help you.
Below you can listen to the song and let me know what you think of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment