Sunday, September 7, 2014

"Do you really wanna be like them?"

Hey there! So, today, I was listening to the song "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte, and I decided to talk on here about this quote from the song because I find it pretty interesting. "Do you really wanna be like them? Do you really wanna be another trend?" I think that these phrases are great to talk about them. 
I don't know what you guys think of today's society, or what you think of the mentality of most people. But I'll tell you what I think and my opinion of it. 
I hate this society, I really do. I don't wanna be like them. And if I'm going to be called weirdo or freak for that, then so am I. Because I don't want to be part of a society like ours. If I'm critiziced or hated for sharing what I really think, then come hate me, I don't really care. 
In this society, if you're different, you're hated. When we all are unique in our own ways. But most people end up being all the same, they all act like robots. What's the point of that? To me, if we all were the same, it'd be f***ing boring. 
If someone becomes original and shares their own thoughts and mentality, and they're not as we're all supposed to be, it seems like it's wrong. When it's not wrong at all! If you stand up for what you believe in, you're hated by most people. People don't realize what this society is really turning to. There's no one to blame, but I don't want to be like that. I don't want to be a copy of someone, I don't want to be like I'm supposed to. I want to be who I want to be, not who people tell me to be. If you want to be like them, it's okay, it's your life, it's your choice. But I don't want to. I'm sick of this society. I just can't agree with a mentality where if you put others down you're better. A society where people tell others to kill themselves just because they don't think like them is not a right one. I just don't get it. I just don't get a lot of things about this society. And that's why I listen to a lot of pop-punk/punk rock, because they made me realize a lot of things related to all that. A lot of you now might be thinking I'm crazy, but if I were you, I'd think it all over. 
This world, this society, it's so wrong. Respect others should be something everyone should do, but people just don't do it. This life it's so repetitive, everything's the same. Everyday we wake up and face another day which is the same as the other one, and it's boring. It's really boring. It's your choice as I said, but... do you prefer to be a copy of the rest, or do you prefer to be different? Because, being different is being unique. And, if this society tells you you're doing it wrong because your way of thinking is not like theirs, f*** that, you're awesome!
I hope you liked this post, and below you can listen to the song I've mentioned:


No comments:

Post a Comment