Friday, August 8, 2014

"Beneath The Skin"

Well, hey there guys! Today, I wanted to write a post, and, I didn't know about what I could do it. But, suddenly I was on Facebook when I found out that about Some hours ago the metalcore band Memphis May Fire had released a music video for their song "Beneath The Skin", from their last album. And, isn't it a good thing to talk about? Personally, it's my favorite song from the album (Inconditonal), and one of my favorite ones of all their songs, so I was really happy when I found out that they made a video. And, in my opinion, the video completely fits with the song. 
I guess the song and the video are really something that, it's a must to talk about. Because both of them reflect something that is real, and sadly, happens. It talks about self-harm, but, more important than that, it talks about how someone feels to do that. It's sad, I honestly wish that no one ever felt like that. The song has a really accurate point. "Is our generation too blind to see true beauty lies beneath the skin?"; this quote says it all. I really don't get it. Why people don't notice anything? I don't know, but, there are things that I don't understand how can people just not see them. Maybe I shouldn't be saying what I'm saying because probably there are a lot of things I don't notice in the people around me. But, I actually notice a lot of things in people around me, but I don't usually say everything I see and notice though. Whatever, I personally think that there are a lot of things people should notice, but, the problem is that, usually when people notice things like that is because they know about it. And there are things that is better not to know about...
By the way, there are other quotes of the lyrics of the song that I love. "Are they too cold, too numb to see the lifelong effects of the pain they inflict?", this quote explains something I really think, and had thought about it before listening to the song, but I was glad I'm not the only one that thinks like that. When someone says something to other person, don't they think about how a word, just a word, can stay in someone's mind forever? Some people think it's senseless or stupid, but no, it's not! I still remember words that people have told me years ago, and especially the bad ones, to be honest. It makes me think, it makes me wonder if, when someone says something bad to a person, they think how that word can affect the person in the future. I want to think that people don't realize that, because, if they did, the world would be more fucked up than I thought. And I really think it's fucked up, so...
I could spend hours writing more about the song, but I think that that would be really annoying, so this is it. 
And, to everyone who self-harms out there, I want you to know something. You're strong; stronger than you think and stronger than you can even imagine. You'll get through this. Things are hard now, but it won't be like this, it gets better. Stay strong <3
Well, this is what happens when I'm listening to a deep song and it's late at night, I hope you liked this post. Let me know what you think of it and this blog in general, it means a lot! 
Below you can watch the video of the song by the way: 

No comments:

Post a Comment