Friday, July 4, 2014

"Alone Together"

Today, I am going to talk about the song "Alone Together", by the pop punk band Fall Out Boy. The song belongs to their latest album "Save Rock & Roll", a great album in my opinion. 
But, I'm not going to talk about the album now; I'm going to talk about the song. First of all, this is what Pete Wentz (bassist of Fall Out Boy) says about the song:
"This song is about how punk rock will never leave you alone, no matter what you can always turn to it. It's called Alone Together".
That quote is one of the most accurate quotes I have ever heard, honestly. Why? Because what Pete said is completely true. Punk rock will never leave you alone, music will never leave you alone. Have you ever had a terrible day and no one was there but music was actually there? Punk rock makes people feel so much better, although a lot of people disagree with that. Some quotes of the song totally reflect that, for example:
"I don't know where you're going, but, do you got room for one more troubled soul? I don't know where I'm going but I don't think I'm coming home". 
I believe that there's a reason why all the people who listen to genres like punk rock usually end up being very similar, because we relate to the lyrics, we are troubled souls who are looking for a place that we can call our home, a place where we feel like we belong there. And with music we find that place, we feel like music embraces us, it actually does, it embraces us. We all feel alone sometimes, but for some of us, music is always there to make us feel so much better, because we might be alone, but, we can be "alone together". 
I hope you liked this post! Below I'm posting a live performance of the song so you can give it a listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment